Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I've been looking so long at my pictures of you....

This year for Christmas everyone gets pictures of me. It seems a little egotistical now that I have typed it out for the world to see, but regardless of what you asked for from Santa you are guaranteed one picture of me and my husband coming soon to a mailbox near you. We ordered our photo Christmas cards and they should be here by tomorrow. One advantage about having just sent out wedding invites, is that I already have everyone's address.

This is my second attempt at this yearly ritual of "Holiday cards". The last attempt was in 1996 when my brothers and I lived together with the dogs, it was fun, but as always I made it more work than it needed to be. Thanks to Kodak, this year it will be easier, we shall see if it becomes a tradition.

Speaking of Kodak, I am working on wedding photo books for the parents. Last night I spent the entire evening going through wedding pictures, both formal and informal. All the while my husband worked on the house, made dinner, and described to me in the next room what was transpiring on CSI. Did I mention how much I love being married to him? (looking at photos for 6 hours gets me all mushy)

I got most of the prep work done, scanning a bunch of the photos that our families took. I uploaded the whole lot of 'em to a website while I slept so that I could make beautiful parents books. I can't wait to get home so I can put them together. A big thank you to Gwen for telling me about the magical world of website photo processing.

5 Comments:

At 12/13/2005 4:55 PM, Blogger GwenGwen said...

Isn't the photo book thing neat? I got mine in the mail last week for the parents. I'm going to add some metal plates with either a quote or "Our Wedding" engraved on them.
Or something like that, if I get two spare seconds to rub together :) I'm glad you're having "phun" with photos!

 
At 12/14/2005 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do tell! What website are you ladies using?? I'm also about to get some reprints of wedding photos and I've been looking toward ritzpics.com...

I love it that Terre gave you the CSI play-by-play! How cuute.

 
At 12/14/2005 11:58 PM, Blogger Deeboh said...

I used Kodakgallery.com for the first few, but then I found Photoworks.com. I am impressed with the quality of the Kodak Gallery book, but really like the flexibility of the Photoworks book (I just ordered one, so quality has not been verified) They have lots of different photo layout options, for even up to 12 photos.

 
At 12/15/2005 2:23 PM, Blogger GwenGwen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12/15/2005 2:24 PM, Blogger GwenGwen said...

Photoworks does have nice layouts! I like the whole page photo trick and the fact that their books can be expandable.
I've ordered quite a few photos from kodakgallery.com and have been quite happy. Do make sure you crop appropriately for the size you are ordering and turn off zoom&trim to have more control.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home