Friday, December 30, 2005

For Auld Lang Syne, My Dear...

My greatest gift for Christmas this year is our family. While we have been a couple for quite some time (5 and a half years to be exact) this year was different. Being just the girlfriend always made me feel a little bit like an outsider. Now I am officially part of the family and that is a nice feeling. The Heisers are wonderful. Now I am Aunt Deb to all of Terre’s nieces and nephews, which is nice too. We have 11 nieces and nephews on his side and 10 on my side, whenever I need a kid fix I can find it. We spent Christmas eve with his family, and Christmas day with mine.

We were ushers for our church for the entire month of December, so Christmas day was our final call to duty. Ushering at a small church is fun, you get to know all of the regular attendees as well as spend time with the other Ushers so that they you get to know them. Clyde was our head usher and he is a marvelous man, as is his wife. Getting involved in church was a huge step for us this year. We are both very happy to develop our spiritual side and share in fellowship with others. The family at Bethlehem has not disappointed me, unlike some of my other church experiences.

Terre has made the season memorable as well. As usual he showered me with gifts. All of which are special. I don’t know what I would do without him in my life. We are different people, but in some ways so very much alike. For so long I struggled, trying to figure out what I wanted. I was angry and at odds between what I what I wanted and what I needed. I made bad choices because they seemed like the right thing to do at the time. I have done things I am not proud of, and have hurt people I love. My New Year's resolution is to remember all of that and never make the same mistakes again.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend. Happy New Year.

1 Comments:

At 1/04/2006 11:10 AM, Blogger GwenGwen said...

Happy New Year Deb!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home