Monday, May 15, 2006

When we all get to Heaven...

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:8

Alice Mabel Bloom died last Tuesday. She was 100 years old and had lived a full life. She had 14 grandchildren & 35 great- grandchildren. My Grandfather died 4 months before I was born, so she lived alone for the last 35 years.

When I was little, we used to visit her every sunday after church when she lived at her house on 38th and Nokomis. Where we would play "button button who's got the button" and eat chow mein. I feel sorry that I didn't make more time to be with her and learn more about her life. She has seen so much, in her 100 years, the changes from 1905 to 2006 are overwhelming when you take the time to think about it.

She was able to be at my wedding, and came to our reception on the boat, when I spoke to her last fall, she said that the trip up the Mississippi was the most exciting thing she had ever done in her life. Words cannot describe how much that means to me.

Death is hard for the people that are left behind, even when you know it is going to happen. I know that she is happy now, outside of her frail and failing body, her spirit is surely in heaven, where she is with Grandpa and Jesus.

4 Comments:

At 5/16/2006 11:15 AM, Blogger GwenGwen said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma :( I talked to her for a minute at your wedding and she seemed like a neat lady. I was so impressed by her stamina!

 
At 5/17/2006 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about her passing too. I'm glad to know that she had a huge loving family her whole life and that she will be with her hubby in heaven now. :)

We're here if you need us.

 
At 5/17/2006 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(that was adam K by the way)

 
At 5/18/2006 12:06 AM, Blogger Deeboh said...

Thank you all very much for your thoughts, it was a long week last week. Terre's Grandmother died on Saturday May 6, but we were unable to go to her funeral because of work comitments (she lives in Dickinson, ND and the funeral was on Tuesday) We were able to spend mother's day with family so it was helpful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home